Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stays in Progress

My stays are coming along, so far I can wear them, but I probably shouldn't do that too much.  I still need to add my leather trim and lining.

A piece cut out from my fashion fabric (blue) and the interior fabric.

 All the pieces have channels sewn and are filled with reed boning.

 The piece have been sewn together and the eyelets added.
Interior view

 Exterior view

First fitting.  It took us several attempts to find a cord long enough to allow for sewing me in.

 Victoria Secrets only wishes they made lift like this!

Testing it out with a petticoat.

My gown was actually loose, unbelievable!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting recently on my blog A Scrapmom's Musings re the earthquake. We're just fine, but it was quite the talk everywhere for a couple of days. I also wanted to comment on your outfit---very nice! Are you a guide? I'm amazed at how much work you put into these costumes (for lack of a better word). I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Did you make everything yourself? Your outfit is stunning! I made a corset ages ago but it is not near as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete