The first step was for me to trace out the pattern (with adjustments) onto graphing fabric.
Lucy of course was excited to help with this...
Then I cut out the pieces...
And Lucy guarded them.
Next I cut the pieces out of the lining fabric and the outer linen.
Then the fun part began, it was time for pinning it all together!
| Back |
| Front |
And Lucy got to work guarding my project (while I'm posting this online).
| None shall pass! |
Time for some sleeves and lining!
All assembled! It goes great with my old blue petticoat!
Now for hemming and some touch-ups...
Update:
I wanted the back to be cut straight across so I hemmed it up. I also found that the front gapped, so I added boning to both sides so that it would lie flat, much better! In the previous picture I was wearing it with a bum roll, but in the picture below I decided to wear it with my new panniers, which I like oh so much better!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat progress so far, Loni! Looks really good. Love the print. Can't believe how fast you work! Mine is coming along like a herd of snails crossing the ocean.
ReplyDeleteand Lucy's always such a good little helper. Tell her to steer clear of pins!